diumenge, 19 de maig del 2013

Writing


Traditional methodologies are still better tan modern methodologies. Discuss

Nowadays, there is a discussion about the methodologies in education.  Some people and some teachers think that traditional methodologies are better than modern ones. However, other people think that modern methodologies are better. So, what do you think about this?

On the one hand, traditional methodologies of education are better to memorize lists or theories. For instance, it is easier to memorize the theories of mathematics than to understand all the process. Consequently, students can memorize more things.

On the other hand, students who have learned with traditional methodologies can’t use all their knowledge in real situations. Probably these students will forget the information that they memorize. For example, when I was a child I studied all the history of Spain, but now I don’t remember anything about this, only little things.

To sum up, schools should teach their lessons using the constructivism methodology. In my opinion, teachers should explain the students with examples about their real situations using the new technologies. In fact, the student creates his knowledge. 








Email


Dear Monica,

It was great to hear from you! I’ve got so much to tell you about my first year at University.

I’m studying for a degree of teaching education. These studies are to teach children between naught to six years old. Then, if I work hard, I’ll be a good teacher.

The first semester I had five subjects and I passed four of them. But, don’t worry about this, because I’ll pass Catalan in September. Now, I’m studying seven subjects. So now I have a lot of things to do. I’m in the second semester.

I love my studies and I think all the time about the future. Probably, in three or four years’ time I’ll be teaching in a real classroom.

Also, I’ve done a lot of work and I’ve met a lot of new friends. One day you can come with us.
That’s all from now. I’ll send you more emails about the news.

Take care.
Love

Virginia

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada